Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Prague - A Quick Peek














Hola Readers,
I apologize for the absurdly long absence from the blogsphere. I have been exceptionally busy the past month with finals, a grand trip, and currently the visit of my parents to Spain. As a result, the blog has suffered, and I realize that. But, back, better than ever, is a sneak preview of what I hope is a thorough and entertaining series of posts leading to the conclusion of my semester here in Spain. Although I leave in 2 days to return to the good ole States , I have much to discuss concerning what has happened since our program's final excursion to Granada. On the 8th of June my friend Nick and I embarked across central and western Europe after our finals had finished. A bit celebratory and a bit adventurous, our purchase of a 15 day Eurail pass gave us access to a variety of trains all across Europe, and granted what we thought would be increased freedom and flexibility to maneuver across an unfamiliar and fascinating continent. The viaje took us to far away lands such as the Czech Republic, where beer was cheaper than water by way of a 1 to 3 ratio, and Berlin, where metro fare is not enforced, and in fact, most citizens ride for free. Epic videos from Munich and Prague will be uploaded shortly.

Hasta pronto,
B
Foto 1 - Augustiner Beer Garden - Munich, Germany... Augustiner just happens to be the pope's favorite beer...or so we were told.
Foto 2 - Taking a knee outside the Hofburg palace in Vienna, Austria. The Hofburg was the home to the line of Hapsburg kings for 5 centuries.
Foto 3 - Pensive in Prague...Charles Bridge in the background
Foto 4 - Berlin bear and I jointly raising the roof. These bears were all over the city. I admired their gracefulness and upbeat nature.
Foto 5 - Beach in Biarittz, France - the surfing capital of Europe. This stop was completely unintentional, but nonetheless satiated my craving for a little surf and sand.

2 comments: